Medical Office Administrator Program
Our Medical Office Administration Diploma Program provides the opportunity for graduates to gain employment in healthcare, in just ten months. Earning a Diploma from Island Career Academy is a valued credential that employers seek and helps you to enter the healthcare field.
Our relevant curriculum includes specific coursework in technology for Administration, Healthcare Administrative Office Procedures, and Medical Billing and Insurance to help you develop confidence and practical experience that employer’s value.
Our career-focused program is designed to provide participants skills to enter the work force through various types of occupations, such as Medical Office Administrator, Receptionist, Secretary, and Assistants. Graduates are qualified to accept entry-level positions in a host of medical settings, including hospital, doctors' offices, specialists' offices, health boards, & insurance companies.
Opportunities are also available in allied health care facilities such as chiropractic, osteopathy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, massage therapy, mental health, and counselling services, community clinics, public health, dental and optometry practices, and long term care facilities.
- Learn how to manage an efficient healthcare office environment.
- Enhance your professional communication skills for a variety of medical practices.
- Become proficient with the technology used to manage patients and their health records.
- Understand the framework of healthcare and learn to work with various healthcare systems.
- Develop skills to prepare and process medical claim forms.
Program Duration:825 hours of in-class instruction
240 hours of work place (practicum) experience Course of study will include the following:
- Business English/Communication Skills
- Document/File Management
- Computer/Information Technology
- Bookkeeping Fundamentals/Computerized Accounting
- Word Processing/Medical Transcription
- Financial management
- Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Office Systems/Procedures
- Occupational Health & Safety
- CPR/First Aid
- Job Find Skills
The entrance requirements for this program are Grade 12, GED, or minimum Wonderlic (13) cut score, and a clear Criminal Record Check.